AK Real Colors
- View as:
- Sort by:
Welcome to the first book about modelling dioramas in Mr Black Publications series of Scale Model Handbooks. They promised in their first issue that our publications would eventually cover a greater variety of military modelling themes and now their first special issue dedicated to various types of dioramas has come to fruition!
While gathering material for such a special book they soon realized that it wouldnt be possible to cover everything they wanted to in our standard 52-page format, so a 100-page book became inevitable to provide more coverage and satisfy the requirements of our readers. Different approaches, techniques and step-by-step instructions are covered in more than 400 photographs and associated texts to inspire you, the reader, to make your own creations.
Welcome to the second of our diorama modelling books in Mr Black Publications series of Scale Model Handbooks. Like the first book they have an extended format to cover a great variety of military modelling themes and various types of dioramas.
This 100-page book offers lots of interesting and prototype material to meet the interests of our readers. Different approaches, techniques and step-by-step instructions are covered in more than 400 photographs and associated texts to inspire you, the reader, towards making your own creations.
WWII GERMAN MILITARY FORCES IN SCALE
This new series will bring to you books with articles collection previously published in our editions and dedicated to one theme. Each book will include chosen articles to cover a specific theme.
- 4 Sturmbannführer of the SS, 2nd Panzer Division Das Reich Artillery Regiment, France 1944 – Painting a 90mm WWII Figure and his Dog – 90mm (1/20)
- 14 Oberleutnant of the 1st Fallschirmjäger Division – Painting a 1/35 scale WWII German Paratrooper Figure – 50mm (1/35)
- 18 Waffen SS MG42 Gunner – How to Paint a Camouflaged Smock and Apply a Fair Complexion to a Large Scale Figures Face – 200mm (1/9)
- 28 Claus Von Stauffenberg – Techniques for Combining Acrylic and Oil Colours for Skin Tones, and Painting Leather Clothing for Box Art – 90mm (1/20)
- 38 U-Boat Crew WWII – Painting a Large Scale Bust with Acrylic and Oil Paints – 180mm (1/10)
- 40 A Step by Step Exercise Showing How to Sculpt a Reversible Winter Parka Using A+B Epoxy Putty on a 1/35 Scale Figure – 50mm (1/35)
- 48 SS-Standartenführer, 1944 – Painting a Large Scale Bust Step by Step – 200mm (1/9)
- 54 Maschinengewehrschütze MG34 – A Presentation on How to Paint a Large Scale Machine Gunner Figure With Acrylics and Oils for the Manufacturers Kit Box Photograph, – 200mm (1/9)
- 64 Soldier of the SS Leibstandarte Carrying an MG42 Tripod, Kharkov 1943 – How to Paint Cool Flesh Tones and Produce Varying Textures for That Eastern Front Appearance – 180mm (1/10)
- 72 Fallschirmjäger 1944 – Painting Late War Paratroopers Camouflage Pattern Clothing to A Large Scale Bust – 180mm (1/10)
This is the first book in the series where they have entirely dedicated to creations inspired by those events that took place between the years 1939-1945 known to Western histories as “The Second World War”. Even though wartime themes are numerous herein, and feature an extended variety of models and figures, especially in 1:35 scale, they have managed to present many representative examples catering to the varying interests of our readers.
Welcome to the latest WWII Special, Vol.2 in the Scale Model Handbook Series from Mr Black Publications Editions. This is the ultimate painting guide by the Korean master figure painter and artist Man Jin Kim showing how to paint miniature figures in German WWII uniforms using acrylic paints.
Mr Black Publications is proud to bring you this awesome work, first published in the Korean language, with an English text where over 84 pages cover the most important aspects of painting German uniforms in miniature. Field grey, black and white, leather uniform items, camouflage accessories and scenery. Inside are more than 300 photos, and around 280 of them are step-by-step sequences. The first chapter is dedicated to tools and assembly, the second on using acrylic paints and the third is about face painting. The fourth chapter covers painting uniforms, the fifth accessories whereas the sixth looks at scenery. The seventh, and final, chapter presents a gallery of masterly painted figures, busts and vignettes by the author illustrated with really big and sharp photos that reveal even the smallest details of each model subject.
This is the third book in the series where they have entirely dedicated to creations inspired by those events that took place between the years 1939-1945 known to Western histories as “The Second World War”. Even though wartime themes are numerous herein, and feature an extended variety of models, dioramas, vignettes, and figures, especially in 1/35 scale, they’ve managed to present many representative examples catering to the varying interests of our readers.
This is the first book from Scale Model Handbook Series on figures (Figure Modelling Vol.1). In this book that has taken months in preparation, they tried to gather representative samples as well different forms of work. Here you will find the painting of commercial pieces using acrylics, oils or enamels, sculpting, conversions, work on ground presentation and scenery, historical texts, indeed, many different aspects of figure modelling have been covered.
- 4 Seleucid General – 200mm (Pegaso Models, 200-008) – 6 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust
- 10 Roma Victor, Germania 180 A.D. – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-018) – 4 pages
- Figure Conversion
- 14 Hero Saxon Warrior, 5th Century A.D. – 54mm (Latorre Models, 54/15) – 2 pages
- Painting Leather & Metal Parts
- 16 “The Old Servant Tells His Tale” – 54mm (Scratch-built figures and scenery) – 6 pages
- Building a Vignette from Scratch
- 22 Comandant des Mousquetaires du Roi – 75mm (Alexandros Models, ASL/5) – 6 pages
- Simulating Different Kinds of Fabrics & Materials
- 28 Micro Converting a Horse – 54mm (Metal Modeles, MM68 & MM74) – 10 pages
- Making a Unique Horse
- 38 Oberleutnant of the 1st Fallschirmjager Div. – 50mm (Mantis Miniatures, 35001) – 4 pages
- Painting a World War II Figure
- 42 Maya Warrior Middle Ages, XV century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-053) – 4 pages
- Painting realistic Flesh with Oils
- 46 Highland Warrior 12th-13th Century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-051) – 5 pages
- Combining Acrylics with Oils
This is the second edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated once again to miniature figures and published on schedule, three months after the first book. The second in the series, Figure Modelling 2, like the first covers a variety of themes and historical periods.
- 4 Roaming Knight, 15th century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-902) – 10 pages
- How to Paint a Mounted Figure in Acrylics and Oils
- 14 Edward Teach Blackbeard – 75mm (Alexandros Models, P/6) – 6 pages
- Simulating Different Kinds of Fabrics & Materials
- 20 German WWI Stormtrooper, 1917 – 54mm (Andrea Miniatures, S3-F11) – 6 pages
- How to Place a Figure in a Realistic Setting
- 26 Templar Knight, 12th Century – 90mm (Pegaso Models, 90-053) – 12 pages
- How to Paint a 90mm Medieval Figure
- 38 Louis Dorios Masterpieces – 8 pages
- Get Inspiration from a French Master Modeller
- 46 Greek Mercenary, 5th Century B.C. – 75mm ( Pegaso Models, 75-048) – 5 pages
- Getting the Maximum of Oil Paints
This is the third edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated once again to miniature figures and published on schedule, three months after the second book. Figure Modelling 3, like the first two editions covers a variety of themes and historical periods, the contents include eight unique themes that have been presented ina detailed way.
- 4 SS Sturmbannführer of the Artillery 2nd Panzer Division “Das Reich”, France 1944 – 90mm (Pegaso Models 90-041) – 10 pages
- How to Paint a 90mm WWII Figure and Dog
- 14 U-Boat Crew WWII – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1818) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils 16 Soviet Naval Infantry WWII, “The Black Devil”- 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1821) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils 18 Gallic Chieftain 1st Century B.C. – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-035) – 12 pages
- How to Paint Fair Complexion & Celtic Tartan Cloak
- 30 General Marcus Antonius 83-30 B.C. – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1829) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils
- 32 Pausanias at the Battle of Plataea – 90mm (Pegaso Models, 90-045) – 6 pages
- How to Make a Realistic Landscape Setting & Painting the Red Colour
- 38 Emmanuel De Grouchy (1766 -1847) – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-035) – 4 pages
- How to Paint a Napoleonic Figure42 German Fallschirmjäger 1944 – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1828) – 9 pages painting a German Camouflage Pattern and a Fair Complexion on a Large Scale Bust
Herein, youll find how to paint commercial miniature figures using acrylics, oils or enamels, make groundwork and scenery for presentation. Everything is contributed by well-known miniaturists that we are sure will inspire you and, we hope, keep you occupied for many hours.
In this book they have introduced a fantasy article based on a bust made by Riga Model some time ago, which unfortunately is now unavailable, as the company ceased production and closed down.
- 4 Boudicca,Queen of the Iceni – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-033)
- 12 TheBarbarians – Vignette of two Pegaso Models Figures 75mm(75-024,75-083)
- 16 AshigaruWarrior – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-079)
- 19 MongolianArcher – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-087)
- 22 Wehrmachtschützeim Feldanzug, 1939 – Pegaso Models 90mm (90-044)
- 32 WaffenSS MG42 Gunner – PMC Miniatures 200mm (PMC -9001)
- 42 Uruk-Hai- Riga Miniatures 200mm (discontinued)
The 5th book from Scale Model Handbook series is coming with many articles about box art painted figures. Learn techniques and tips from the masters on how to paint your models using either brushes or airbrush and make your own scratch-built figure, following the instructions of a master sculptor. This edition is completed with an article on how to paint metallic surfaces without using metallic colours!
- 4 Officer of the Tsars Guard Russia, 1830 – 75mm.
- 15 Hajduk Serbian War of Independence – 75mm.
- 18 Addih-Hiddisch- 120mm.
- 26 Attila, King of the Huns, A.D. 451 – 54mm.
- 30 Australian “Digger”, Kokoda Trail c.1942 – 180mm.
- 32 Sculpting a German Reversible Winter Parka – 50mm.
- 40 Sgt Connor, Serpentian Heavy Infantry – 54mm.
- 46 Sergeant Bernard Mc Cabe, Sobraon, 1846 – 120mm.
This is the Sixth Edition in the Scale Model Handbook Series, a series of modelling books dedicated to miniature figures. Again, they have varied the themes and historical periods of the subjects and presented more sculpting and painting techniques.
- 4 Vlad Dracul The Impaler – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-906) – 14 pages
- 18 War Photographer 1971, Vietnam – 180mm (Life Miniatures, LM-B001) – 6pages
- 24 General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery – 120mm (Sculpting for Tartar Miniatures,TR120-38) – 6 pages
- 30 The Royal Hungarian Army Zrinyi SPG Crewman – 50mm (The Bodi 35033 &Head 35018) – 6 pages
- 36 Waffen SS Panzer Crewman (Head) – 180mm (Young Miniatures YM1806) – 2 pages
- 38 FujitasDinner – 54mm (Scratch-built) – 6 pages
- 44 From Hell: “Jack the Ripper” – 75mm(Scale 75, SCN-003) – 7 pages
On this Seventh Edition in the Scale Model Handbook Series, they offer the excellent work of Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth, Javier González (Arsies), Kazufumi Tomori, Grigoris Marmatakis and Christos Stamatopoulos in addition to the work of three new contributors – Sergey Popovichenko, Roman Navarro and Man Jin Kim.
In this issue a variety of themes and techniques is featured; creating bases and scenic settings, painting a modern camouflage uniform and combining acrylic and oil colours for skin tones and leather clothing.
In this issue a variety of themes and techniques is featured; painting different textures and metals, a colourful uniform of the Napoleonic Wars, a large-scale WWII bust and two WWI figures placed on a trench section. They have also included techniques on creating and painting bases and scenic settings. The Maori article on how to paint realistic textures on large-scale figures is a new approach on combining various paints and mediums.
This is the ninth edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated to modelling miniature figures and Figure Modelling 9 covers a variety of themes and historical periods.
Their cover subject – a 54mm mounted figure from Pegaso Models – is featured over 20 pages of this edition where the gifted and very talented artist Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth provides a complete painting guide. The 117 step-by-step photos display every tiny detail, from the construction of the horse and rider, the base and groundwork to the exquisite painting sequences using acrylics, oils and printers inks. Even if you are an experienced modeller or newcomer to the hobby, this article offers much of interest.
Enjoy the 10th edition in our Scale Model Handbook series, and for those who love dioramas, don’t forget to check out the latest addition to their series, “Diorama Modelling I”, a 100-page book revealing the many techniques for making scenic settings and creating different worlds in miniature.
Once again their contributors share their techniques for sculpting and painting their masterpieces and they welcome four new artists: Ju-Won Jung (Box Art – Sculpting Kyle), Ioannis Tsiktsiris (Hidatsa Warrior), Carlos Startin “Carlos FigureArt” (Stalingrad) and Jésus Gamarra (Ottoman Warrior). Jésus did the “Bailen 1808” article in their first Diorama Modelling book, but this is his first article in the Figure Modelling series.
This edition features a variety of themes and techniques – painting different textures, fabrics and metals, using oil and enamel colours as painting mediums.
Three large-scale busts are featured; one a Second World War subject, a 120mm sculpted by Mike Good and a fantasy depicting John Snow from “Nights Watch” painted by the talented Korean artist Myeong-ha Hwang and appearing for the first time in a Mr Black Publications edition!
This is the 13th book in the Scale Model Handbook series, again presenting lots of information, techniques and tips about modelling miniature figures. This time they have nine articles from eight well-known artists.
Once again their contributors share their techniques for sculpting and painting their masterpieces and they welcome four new ones, who are already established artists, to this edition – Daniel Milosevich, Juanma Vergara, Isaac Jaramillo Sama and Anders Heintz.
They have now reached the 14th book in the “Scale Model Handbook” series where they present lots of information, tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures. This time they’ve assembled eight articles from well-known artists.
As usual our contributors share their techniques for sculpting and describe how they paint their masterpieces, giving their best so every reader will find something they are looking for. They welcome a new contributor to this edition who is already an established artist – Sang-Eon Lee who runs his own successful company Life Miniatures. He painted the Goblin figure riding the Galapagos Miniatures Siege Giant whereas its sculptor Ju-Won Jung painted the Giant.