AK Real Colors
- View as:
- Sort by:
This is the first book from Scale Model Handbook Series on figures (Figure Modelling Vol.1). In this book that has taken months in preparation, they tried to gather representative samples as well different forms of work. Here you will find the painting of commercial pieces using acrylics, oils or enamels, sculpting, conversions, work on ground presentation and scenery, historical texts, indeed, many different aspects of figure modelling have been covered.
- 4 Seleucid General – 200mm (Pegaso Models, 200-008) – 6 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust
- 10 Roma Victor, Germania 180 A.D. – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-018) – 4 pages
- Figure Conversion
- 14 Hero Saxon Warrior, 5th Century A.D. – 54mm (Latorre Models, 54/15) – 2 pages
- Painting Leather & Metal Parts
- 16 “The Old Servant Tells His Tale” – 54mm (Scratch-built figures and scenery) – 6 pages
- Building a Vignette from Scratch
- 22 Comandant des Mousquetaires du Roi – 75mm (Alexandros Models, ASL/5) – 6 pages
- Simulating Different Kinds of Fabrics & Materials
- 28 Micro Converting a Horse – 54mm (Metal Modeles, MM68 & MM74) – 10 pages
- Making a Unique Horse
- 38 Oberleutnant of the 1st Fallschirmjager Div. – 50mm (Mantis Miniatures, 35001) – 4 pages
- Painting a World War II Figure
- 42 Maya Warrior Middle Ages, XV century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-053) – 4 pages
- Painting realistic Flesh with Oils
- 46 Highland Warrior 12th-13th Century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-051) – 5 pages
- Combining Acrylics with Oils
This is the second edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated once again to miniature figures and published on schedule, three months after the first book. The second in the series, Figure Modelling 2, like the first covers a variety of themes and historical periods.
- 4 Roaming Knight, 15th century – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-902) – 10 pages
- How to Paint a Mounted Figure in Acrylics and Oils
- 14 Edward Teach Blackbeard – 75mm (Alexandros Models, P/6) – 6 pages
- Simulating Different Kinds of Fabrics & Materials
- 20 German WWI Stormtrooper, 1917 – 54mm (Andrea Miniatures, S3-F11) – 6 pages
- How to Place a Figure in a Realistic Setting
- 26 Templar Knight, 12th Century – 90mm (Pegaso Models, 90-053) – 12 pages
- How to Paint a 90mm Medieval Figure
- 38 Louis Dorios Masterpieces – 8 pages
- Get Inspiration from a French Master Modeller
- 46 Greek Mercenary, 5th Century B.C. – 75mm ( Pegaso Models, 75-048) – 5 pages
- Getting the Maximum of Oil Paints
This is the third edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated once again to miniature figures and published on schedule, three months after the second book. Figure Modelling 3, like the first two editions covers a variety of themes and historical periods, the contents include eight unique themes that have been presented ina detailed way.
- 4 SS Sturmbannführer of the Artillery 2nd Panzer Division “Das Reich”, France 1944 – 90mm (Pegaso Models 90-041) – 10 pages
- How to Paint a 90mm WWII Figure and Dog
- 14 U-Boat Crew WWII – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1818) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils 16 Soviet Naval Infantry WWII, “The Black Devil”- 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1821) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils 18 Gallic Chieftain 1st Century B.C. – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-035) – 12 pages
- How to Paint Fair Complexion & Celtic Tartan Cloak
- 30 General Marcus Antonius 83-30 B.C. – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1829) – 2 pages
- How to Paint a Large Scale Bust of WWII Era in Acrylics & Oils
- 32 Pausanias at the Battle of Plataea – 90mm (Pegaso Models, 90-045) – 6 pages
- How to Make a Realistic Landscape Setting & Painting the Red Colour
- 38 Emmanuel De Grouchy (1766 -1847) – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-035) – 4 pages
- How to Paint a Napoleonic Figure42 German Fallschirmjäger 1944 – 180mm (Young Miniatures, YM1828) – 9 pages painting a German Camouflage Pattern and a Fair Complexion on a Large Scale Bust
Herein, youll find how to paint commercial miniature figures using acrylics, oils or enamels, make groundwork and scenery for presentation. Everything is contributed by well-known miniaturists that we are sure will inspire you and, we hope, keep you occupied for many hours.
In this book they have introduced a fantasy article based on a bust made by Riga Model some time ago, which unfortunately is now unavailable, as the company ceased production and closed down.
- 4 Boudicca,Queen of the Iceni – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-033)
- 12 TheBarbarians – Vignette of two Pegaso Models Figures 75mm(75-024,75-083)
- 16 AshigaruWarrior – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-079)
- 19 MongolianArcher – Pegaso Models 75mm (75-087)
- 22 Wehrmachtschützeim Feldanzug, 1939 – Pegaso Models 90mm (90-044)
- 32 WaffenSS MG42 Gunner – PMC Miniatures 200mm (PMC -9001)
- 42 Uruk-Hai- Riga Miniatures 200mm (discontinued)
The 5th book from Scale Model Handbook series is coming with many articles about box art painted figures. Learn techniques and tips from the masters on how to paint your models using either brushes or airbrush and make your own scratch-built figure, following the instructions of a master sculptor. This edition is completed with an article on how to paint metallic surfaces without using metallic colours!
- 4 Officer of the Tsars Guard Russia, 1830 – 75mm.
- 15 Hajduk Serbian War of Independence – 75mm.
- 18 Addih-Hiddisch- 120mm.
- 26 Attila, King of the Huns, A.D. 451 – 54mm.
- 30 Australian “Digger”, Kokoda Trail c.1942 – 180mm.
- 32 Sculpting a German Reversible Winter Parka – 50mm.
- 40 Sgt Connor, Serpentian Heavy Infantry – 54mm.
- 46 Sergeant Bernard Mc Cabe, Sobraon, 1846 – 120mm.
This is the Sixth Edition in the Scale Model Handbook Series, a series of modelling books dedicated to miniature figures. Again, they have varied the themes and historical periods of the subjects and presented more sculpting and painting techniques.
- 4 Vlad Dracul The Impaler – 75mm (Pegaso Models, 75-906) – 14 pages
- 18 War Photographer 1971, Vietnam – 180mm (Life Miniatures, LM-B001) – 6pages
- 24 General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery – 120mm (Sculpting for Tartar Miniatures,TR120-38) – 6 pages
- 30 The Royal Hungarian Army Zrinyi SPG Crewman – 50mm (The Bodi 35033 &Head 35018) – 6 pages
- 36 Waffen SS Panzer Crewman (Head) – 180mm (Young Miniatures YM1806) – 2 pages
- 38 FujitasDinner – 54mm (Scratch-built) – 6 pages
- 44 From Hell: “Jack the Ripper” – 75mm(Scale 75, SCN-003) – 7 pages
On this Seventh Edition in the Scale Model Handbook Series, they offer the excellent work of Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth, Javier González (Arsies), Kazufumi Tomori, Grigoris Marmatakis and Christos Stamatopoulos in addition to the work of three new contributors – Sergey Popovichenko, Roman Navarro and Man Jin Kim.
In this issue a variety of themes and techniques is featured; creating bases and scenic settings, painting a modern camouflage uniform and combining acrylic and oil colours for skin tones and leather clothing.
In this issue a variety of themes and techniques is featured; painting different textures and metals, a colourful uniform of the Napoleonic Wars, a large-scale WWII bust and two WWI figures placed on a trench section. They have also included techniques on creating and painting bases and scenic settings. The Maori article on how to paint realistic textures on large-scale figures is a new approach on combining various paints and mediums.
This is the ninth edition in the Scale Model Handbook series, dedicated to modelling miniature figures and Figure Modelling 9 covers a variety of themes and historical periods.
Their cover subject – a 54mm mounted figure from Pegaso Models – is featured over 20 pages of this edition where the gifted and very talented artist Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth provides a complete painting guide. The 117 step-by-step photos display every tiny detail, from the construction of the horse and rider, the base and groundwork to the exquisite painting sequences using acrylics, oils and printers inks. Even if you are an experienced modeller or newcomer to the hobby, this article offers much of interest.
Enjoy the 10th edition in our Scale Model Handbook series, and for those who love dioramas, don’t forget to check out the latest addition to their series, “Diorama Modelling I”, a 100-page book revealing the many techniques for making scenic settings and creating different worlds in miniature.
Once again their contributors share their techniques for sculpting and painting their masterpieces and they welcome four new artists: Ju-Won Jung (Box Art – Sculpting Kyle), Ioannis Tsiktsiris (Hidatsa Warrior), Carlos Startin “Carlos FigureArt” (Stalingrad) and Jésus Gamarra (Ottoman Warrior). Jésus did the “Bailen 1808” article in their first Diorama Modelling book, but this is his first article in the Figure Modelling series.
This edition features a variety of themes and techniques – painting different textures, fabrics and metals, using oil and enamel colours as painting mediums.
Three large-scale busts are featured; one a Second World War subject, a 120mm sculpted by Mike Good and a fantasy depicting John Snow from “Nights Watch” painted by the talented Korean artist Myeong-ha Hwang and appearing for the first time in a Mr Black Publications edition!
This is the 13th book in the Scale Model Handbook series, again presenting lots of information, techniques and tips about modelling miniature figures. This time they have nine articles from eight well-known artists.
Once again their contributors share their techniques for sculpting and painting their masterpieces and they welcome four new ones, who are already established artists, to this edition – Daniel Milosevich, Juanma Vergara, Isaac Jaramillo Sama and Anders Heintz.
They have now reached the 14th book in the “Scale Model Handbook” series where they present lots of information, tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures. This time they’ve assembled eight articles from well-known artists.
As usual our contributors share their techniques for sculpting and describe how they paint their masterpieces, giving their best so every reader will find something they are looking for. They welcome a new contributor to this edition who is already an established artist – Sang-Eon Lee who runs his own successful company Life Miniatures. He painted the Goblin figure riding the Galapagos Miniatures Siege Giant whereas its sculptor Ju-Won Jung painted the Giant.
They have reached the 15th book in the “Scale Model Handbook” series where, since the first book we have presented lots of information, tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures. This time they have gathered seven articles from seven well-known artists from around the World. Four of them are covered in great detail with lots of step-by-step photos, which help the reader to follow different techniques about painting, sculpting, converting and making those unique scenic bases.
They are pleased to welcome a new contributor to this edition, Stelios Neofytidis, who painted a Private of the 1st Battalion Gordon Highlanders, “Le Cateau” 1914 from Tommys War 54mm Figure Series.
Herein are, tips and techniques plus information about modelling miniature figures from Ancient Times up to the Second World War Period. Six of the articles are covered in great detail with lots of step-by-step photos helping the reader to follow the different techniques concerning painting, sculpting, converting and making unique scenic bases.
We are pleased to welcome a new contributor to this edition, Jason Zhou from China, who painted the 180mm Hannibal Barca bust from the Nutsplanet range.
Herein are nine articles from seven well-known artists with tips and techniques, plus information about modelling miniature figures, vignettes and small dioramas from Ancient Times up to the Second World War Period. Most of the articles are covered in great detail with lots of step-by-step photos and explanatory texts.
This time offer eight articles from six well-known miniaturists with tips and techniques, information about modelling miniature figures, vignettes and small dioramas, from ancient times up to the Second World War. Most of the articles herein are covered in great detail with lots of step-by-step photos and explanatory texts.
Eight articles from seven well-known artists plus one from a newcomer are featured in this issue, with lots of tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures, busts and vignettes from ancient times to the Second World War. Chosen subjects are covered in detail and illustrated with step-by-step photos and explanatory texts.
They decided to celebrate their 20th edition in the Figure Modelling series by featuring only WWI and WWII themes, which are our two most popular periods. They have 11 different articles herein – five on WWI and six on WWII.